NEW: UPDATED FOR MOTHERSHIP 1ST EDITION!
The Drain is a tense, action-packed funnel adventure for the Mothership Sci-fi Horror RPG set in a combat-ravaged farming habitat.
Simple farmers of the rotating colony ship Within Wheels starve as bargain InstaCrops wither on the vine. They turn to faith and ritual, concocting visions of a hell on earth from half-remembered traditions and commercialized lore. Bunker doors seal as their beacon calls upon believers to consecrate synthetic soil with holy blood.
A MOTHERSHIP FUNNEL
Each player runs 4-5 prisoner-soldiers through the hellish battlefield of the colony ship Within Wheels. Their mission: win freedom by acquiring a legendary religious relic at the behest of their corporate jailors, PrayCo.
The Drain takes a WWI influenced war-as-hell meat grinder and mashes it with bleak, occult survival horror themes drawn from video games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Darkwood. This zine is packed with everything you need to churn out a crop of battle hardened level-1 characters from level-0 rabble, including:
- Brand new rules for running carnage-filled funnels in Mothership.
- A funnel crawl map by Andrew Walter, gorgeously illuminated to chart the party's movement through the conical space.
- Vicious new items to arm your mob of funnel PCs.
- Art on every spread, including illustrations from Mothership creator Sean McCoy.
THE INFERNO TRILOGY
This fully standalone adventure optionally continues a trilogy of Mothership adventures beginning with Wrath of God and ending with Meat Grinder for a contiguous three-part "Inferno Trilogy" campaign.
DIGITAL BONUS CONTENT
Originally funded by over 1400 backers on Kickstarter, this full release brings you a host of awesome bonus content including:
- Card-sized funnel character sheets, complete with 20 delightful character portraits by Evlyn Moreau for your players to fight over.
- 10 harrowing battlefield comms audio props to use at your table.
A 16-page, full-color zine table ready for a One-Shot funnel adventure or ominous Campaign location. Easily adapted to your sci-fi RPG of choice.
Fully hyperlinked, bookmarked and screen-reader ready PDF included.
Compatible with Mothership 1st Edition.
Made entirely by humans.
Written by Ian Yusem
Illustrated by Sean McCoy and Andrew Walter
Edited and Developed by Fiona Maeve Geist
Layout and Cover Art by Christian Kessler
PDF Accessibility Remediation by Dai Shugars
Published by Anodyne Printware