Cloud Empress: Lowland Wastes Bundle
Kickstart your adventures through the Land of the Cicadas with this adventure bundle!
Cloud Empress is an expansive, Nausicaa-inspired fantasy campaign setting for the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG. Cloud Empress places you in a world ruled by the patterns of giant magical cicadas. Cloud Empress creates a new Earth, thousands of years in the future inspired by Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaa in the Valley of the Wind, Frank Herbert’s Dune, and Hiromu Arakawa’s Full Metal Alchemist.
The Cloud Empress: Year One Adventure Bundle contains five 6 page adventures:
- The Seed Vault by Samantha Leigh - One week ago, a group of Farmerlings found the entrance to a massive vault. Within are seeds of plants thought long extinct: ancient grains, juicy vegetables, and medicinal roots. For those with the Molting, the vault may be their last hope, as the only known cure comes from an herb lost to time: the exuvino.
- Pit’s Peak by Alfred Valley - A great piece of nothing lies somewhere in the Weeds—a huge, mysterious hole in the ground known as the Lecktoorn. Some are sent here on pilgrimages, others are drawn here on quests urgent and secretive. Many simply stumble upon the place. And yet, after lumbering days, weeks, through dirt that lacks the decency of sand, just to gaze upon this colossal pit and down into its humbling depths…
- Lord of the Goneaway by Joel Hines - In the decaying spires and groves of the Thickwood, rumors leak out of a frozen tomb containing a slumbering psychic possessed of godly power. Now a bloody race rages between a rogue Cloudling squad, an Imago Brood Cult, and a scheming Bodyhopper. Each party wishes to extract this Lord of the Goneaway for service, destruction, or harvest while avoiding the hazards of his ancient cryogenic tomb.
- Echoes of Memories by Sebastian Yue - Clones of the Rustbucket’s inhabitants pour forth from a long-decommissioned laboratory. The clones comb the streets in search of their originals so they can destroy them and take their place. What ancient knowledge hides with the clones in the ruins may just be worth the immense risk.
- Labyrinth of the Bride by Kienna Shaw The Emperor's collapsed monument has called for a new bride, and the surrounding temple of broken glass has opened its doors for the first time in 10 years. Guests flock to the celebratory banquet to grasp for archaic favor and ancient treasure as the bride awaits her fate in the twisting hallways below.
Writing/game design by Samantha Leigh, Alfred Valley, Joel Hines, Sebastian Yue and Kienna Shaw.
Illustrations by pbbeta, Garin, watt and Daniel Hallinan
Editing and development by Roz Leahy
Sensitivity editing by Monroe Soto